Re: amd64 packages for i386

Hello,

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006 at 02:32:12PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> There are two or so possibilities to do that:
> - Build them in the i386 build. This will raise the count of image by 4
>   with 2.6.17.

If we implemented smp-alternatives with 2.6.17, we could drop the UP
flavours and add amd64 as subarch to i386, keeping the current count.

> - Repackage the amd64 packages. This produces only network load.

Should be pretty simple to add at the end of the build process on amd64.
The old kernel-image-2.6-amd64 from sarge might contain code we could
recycle for this purpose.

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--