Re: removal of svenl from the kernel team

Alright Sven, this is the last time I'm ever going to respond to you.
I've wasted enough time on this.

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 04:23:11PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to remove Sven Luther from the kernel team (that is, remove
>> his svn commit privileges, as well as remove him from the Uploaders
>> field of kernel packages), and remove him from the debian-kernel (and
>> debian-kernel-devel, when it is created) mailing lists.  I have no
>> desire to work w/ him any further in the context of kernel packaging.
>
> Andres, i would really like to know why you hate me so much. I have restrained
> from participating here, and if i posted today, it was only with technical
> content and none of the stuff you complained about in the first time.

I don't hate you.  I think you're destructive to the project as a whole,
and specifically to the kernel team.  People have stopped working on the
kernel team because of you.  I have watched you be very aggressive with
users who asked simple questions.  I have watched you argue and
personally insult members of the kernel team, as well as developers
outside of the kernel team.  I have watched people get absolutely
frustrated with you while attempting to reason with you, as you repeat
the same arguments over and over.  Etc.

Quite simply, I don't want to represent a team that treats people the
way you treat people.  I don't want to have to "mediate" discussions
between you and whoever you've managed to piss off this week.  I don't
want to have to apologize for you, and I don't want to have to lecture
you and ask you to apologize to someone else.  I didn't join the kernel
team (and debian) to do that sort of thing; I did it to actually get
work done.

> Furthermore, i believe that the actions you have done against me, have hurt
> the project more than anything i could have said or done on the lists, and the
> way you act against me is anathema to anything debian stands for.
>
> I hope that you will find the dignity to realize what you are doing, and
> present your apologize, not because of your first actions, which may have been
> understandable to a point, but because you are clearly doign exactly the same
> thing i was accused of, and furthemore doing it in full knowledge that it will
> hurt me personally, and this is worse than anything i have ever done.

Are you kidding?

Actually, don't answer that; I don't need the additional clutter in my
inbox.