Problem with kernel-image-2.6.15-1-amd64-generic, maybe udev related?

I've got a Turion 64 ML-37 and today I have made
a "aptitude update && aptitude dist-upgrade". This has yielded
one strange problem.
I think it's kernel related because booting
with an older kernel (2.6.8) does not happen.

When booting it detects the hardware but after detecting the ethernet
card it shows the first strange message:

ALERT! /dev/hda3 does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.01 (DFebian 1:1.01-4) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/bin/sh: can't acces tty; job control turned off
/#udevd-event[3069]: run_program: exec of program '/etc/init.d/hdparm'
failed udevd-event[3094]: run_program: exec of program '/etc/init.d/hdparm'

In the shell I run "exit" and it continues normally (as far as I can see).

I use grub as bootloader (root=/dev/hda3)

Any hint of what's going on?

Maybe the initrd image does not have the ext3 module?
I've tried to unpack the initrd image following this guide
but have not found the initrd-util binary.
How could I check whether the initrd image has the module or not...

Any other hint?

Kind regards