Re: Could you include Thibaut's AEC6280 patch in 2.6.15?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 07:50:10PM +0100, Kaspar Fischer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have AEC6280 card in a PowerMac, and this card does not work with
> sarge's 2.6.8 kernel.  However, Thibaut Varene has a patch, which
> when applied to the 2.6.8 (or later) kernel makes the card work.

Just use a (backported) 2.6.15 (or 2.6.12) kernel on your sarge system, this
should solve your problem, and if it does not, then please file a bug report
against linux-2.6.

> (For the details, refer to the thread "AEC6280 problem at boot",
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2006/02/msg00043.html
>
> on the debian-powerpc list.)
>
> Could you maybe add the patch to the next release?

Sadly, i am not sure this will work, as sarge kernels are modified only for
security updates. I will leave others comment who handle the sarge security
kernels.