Re: Preparing 2.6.15-4

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 04:08:35PM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> looking at the changes in linux-2.6 2.6.15-4, I would like to have
> the package uploaded to unstable just in time for dinstall on wednesday.
>
> Is this ok for everyone, or does someone have important changes pending
> and needs another day or two?

At least m68k/Amiga is currently not working and a large number of patches
just appeared the other day in the m68k CVS which are supposed to fix this,
but also change basic interrupt handling. There is at least one problem with
the patches which make building for mac fail and I haven't had the chance to
test a new kernel yet on any m68k box, I hope to be able to do that tonight.
What is the deadline for adding patches?

Style question: would you prefer me to add ~20 new patches or should I
simply replace the 2.6.15 with one new file? For .16 I need to recreate the
patch from scratch anyhow, and none of m68k's .15 patches have been released
in a package yet, so I'd prefer to stay with one big patch. Patches are
being submitted upstream by the m68k hackers, so I don't see a need to keep
the individual patches in our svn. But probably nobody cares as long I don't
break anything...

Christian