Re: Preparing 2.6.15-3, 2.6.16-rc1

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:36:09PM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> if nobody objects, we should have the current trunk version 2.6.15-3
> uploaded just in time for tomorrow's dinstall run, in order to get
> 2.6.15.1 as soon as possible into unstable.
>
> After that, we will branch the current trunk to dists/sid, allowing us
> to take care of 2.6.15 there, while we can move on to 2.6.16-rc1 and
> track the new upstream release candidates in experimental - like we
> already did with 2.6.14 and 2.6.15.
>

> The 2.6.16-rc1 orig tarball can be found here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~fs/linux-2.6_2.6.15+2.6.16-rc1.orig.tar.gz
> http://people.debian.org/~fs/linux-2.6_2.6.15+2.6.16-rc1.orig.tar.gz.sha1.asc

He, neat :)

I am leaving for the graphical installer meeting in extremadura tomorrow, will
try to build the powerpc kernel there then, altough i make no guarantee.

BTW, should we maybe try to take advantage of the extremadura region offer and
organize some kind of kernel developer meeting there ? Is this meaningful or
lost time only ?

Maybe something in june, july, so we can prepare for the freeze or something
such ?