[cedric.pradalier@inrialpes.fr: therm_adm103x: inquiry]

----- Forwarded message from Cedric Pradalier <cedric.pradalier@inrialpes.fr> -----

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:49:53 +1000
From: Cedric Pradalier <cedric.pradalier@inrialpes.fr>
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Subject: therm_adm103x: inquiry

Hi there,

I'm the author of the therm_adm103x module, used to control
and display the fan management information on ibook G3, rev
2.2 (at least), available since 2.6.4.

I'd like to know if there is still people using this module,

if these users would like to see this module included an
official kernel,

if, knowing that lm_sensors should be able to read this
chip, you still need the therm_adm103x module (I think so
since I believe lm_sensor does not provide control over
the chip, or does it?).

Currently, the module is available as a patch or as a
binary module linked with current debian testing kernel:
http://cedric.pradalier.free.fr/ibook2

Thanks for you answers.
--
Cedric