Re: Preparing 2.6.15-rc7 for experimental

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 06:20:56PM -0500, Kyle McMartin wrote:
> I can update hppa's... Could someone remind me how one goes about
> doing it?

you need split-config from trunk/scripts/ which probably won't work out
of the box because of the debian architecture name and the kernel one
mismatching:

In line 68, just replace ARCH=#{OPTIONS['arch']} with ARCH=parisc and it
should work.

If someone feels less ruby-illiterate than me, and would like to fix this
issue: the same problem occurs on amd64 (x86_64), powerpc (ppc) and sparc
(sparc64); we probably just need a simple arch mapping table for it.

If you never worked with split-config:

after you have run a first dpkg-buildpackage -B, which will stop
somewhere during an oldconfig run at the first unset option, go to

debian/build/build-hppa-none-parisc

and run

split-config -c oldconfig ../../arch/ <flavour>

after the oldconfig run is done, it will ask you where to put the
options; You will know best if the single options are per-flavour
or per-arch ones; there should not be any unassigned global option left
in rc7.

split-config is a bit tricky at the beginning, if you have any trouble
just ask :)

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--