Re: [kernel] r4856 - dists/trunk/linux-2.6/debian/bin

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 12:39:42PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 04:55:55PM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> > can we put that patch in?
>
> No, it is NOT possible to build things against this package.

baah, it is.
please tell what is breaking because of the asm link?

> > would unbreak klibc.
>
> klibc is a userspace part, not a kernel modul. The headers packages are
> there to build kernel modules against.

klibc was almost included into linux upstream,
but missed somehow the freeze before the 2.6 release.

it is usperspace, but it's build is not polished as described
in its klibc/README.
it needs a link to a fresh kernel source.
linux-headers is nicely providing those.

if you send me a patch that build klibc against linux-kernel-headers,
your revert is fine until then klibc needs to be updated for different
archs and needs unfucked linux-headers.

--
maks