Re: Updated Howto needed: How to compile a kernel like etch's.

Hello Jurij

Thank you for this. I will look through the book, try out the commands on sarge and etch and report back to you my findings.

Horms,
Thank you for the summary. You have made the versioned patching system clearer to me. I tried the commands you suggested to build the kernel. I have had package versioning problems trying to compile etch kernel on sarge ( gcc (>= 4:4.0) kernel-package (>= 9.008.3) ). When I override (-d) it appears there is no .config file. I don't know whether that is because kernel-package <=9.008.3 fails to create .config.