Re: kernel abiname transition and security updates status

Steve Langasek wrote:
> > hppa
> >  	2.4 now updated, but we dropped it.
>
> >  	2.6 has abiname; still not updated, update is in kernel team svn.
>
> >  	[This is likely to block d-i rc3 until the new hppa 2.6 kernels
> >  	with the new abiname are available.]
>
> Updated 2.6.8 in sid, needs an ftp-master to do binary removals yet before
> it can propagate to testing.  Are there udebs available yet?

Removals should be done. I'm uploading the udebs, though I haven't
tested them yet and the 32 bit kernel seemed to have lots of changes
(dropped modules, modules with changed dependencies on other modules).

> > sparc
> > 	2.6 updated to -2 abiname; 2.4 not updated (except in svn);
> >  	2.6 debs not yet in testing (due to RC #288180); udebs updated.

I think the 2.6 debs hit testing today.

> >  	[This is likely to block d-i rc3 until the new sparc 2.4 kernels
> >  	with the new abiname are available.]
>
> 2.4 on sparc is still the big blocker.  No updated kernel-images are
> available yet.

This is a real problem. I haven't seen joshk around lately and AFAIK
he's the only person we have working on sparc kernels.

--
see shy jo