Re: kernel abiname transition and security updates status

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 04:24:36PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 10:27:20PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> [2005-01-10 16:24]:
> > > As far as I know, no other arches except amd64 (not tracking that) are
> >
> > mips and mipsel have been updated.  However, given the new local root
> > exploit (fixed in SVN), we'll all need to make another round of
> > updates anyway.
>
> Josh Kwan and I chatted about this yesterday on IRC.
> He and I are both pretty happy with kernel-source-2.4.27 as
> it is, but I would like a chance to go through recent bug reports
> just to make sure there isn't anything missing. As a result
> we are aiming to release next week.

For the record here are the bugs that I am looking into for the next release.
Everything else is in SVN and the ACPI fix will be there soon too.

ACPI problem.
  #290039, #290013, #289517, #288712, #285521
  These all seem to be the same problem introduced by an ACPI fix from
  upstream, I have a subsequent fix that should resolve this.
  See notes posted to #290039

Serial Problem.
  #287939, #288712, #285017
  These seem to be related so some seraial breakage,
  likely related to the tty_lockup security fix (CAN-2004-0814).

IDE Detection.
  #287326:
  I am not sure if this is a new problem or not, but I will take a quick
  look to see what gives.

--
Horms