Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 12:26:25AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 01 December 2005 00:09, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Yeah, but the change from ARCH=ppc | ARCH=ppc64, to a single re-unified
> > ARCH=powerpc kernel will not go without glitch, especially for the
> > lesser subarches (oldworld, prep, apus come to mind), and may cause
> > some sever disfunction in even the mainline arches, let's hope this
> > will be resolved before the 2.6.15 release though.
>
> Getting it in d-i beta2 may be an opportunity to get some testing exposure
> for lesser arches, so that may be worth considering even if there are
> some known issues. We could easily make a note about it in the errata.

Hehe, i guess i will be able to test most of the lesser arches myself, except
apus, and well, oldworld miboot will not work, and benh told me oldworld/bootx
is currently broken, altough he hoped to have the fix in time for 2.6.15.

> Given the major impact on ppc, is it an option for the kernel team to
> upload 2.6.15 to experimental first, so we keep a little bit more room
> for maneuvering towards the d-i release?

Nope, we will upload the -rc kernels to experimental, but i don't think we
should upload the actual released kernels to experimental, those should go
into sid, and preferably the day of the release.

That said, we have a few weeks, and working on the -rc tree in experimental
should help sort out all issues, hopefully.