Re: ancient ieee80211/ipw2200 drivers in recent kernel (2.6.14)

On Thursday 01 December 2005 00:09, Sven Luther wrote:
> Yeah, but the change from ARCH=ppc | ARCH=ppc64, to a single re-unified
> ARCH=powerpc kernel will not go without glitch, especially for the
> lesser subarches (oldworld, prep, apus come to mind), and may cause
> some sever disfunction in even the mainline arches, let's hope this
> will be resolved before the 2.6.15 release though.

Getting it in d-i beta2 may be an opportunity to get some testing exposure
for lesser arches, so that may be worth considering even if there are
some known issues. We could easily make a note about it in the errata.

Given the major impact on ppc, is it an option for the kernel team to
upload 2.6.15 to experimental first, so we keep a little bit more room
for maneuvering towards the d-i release?