Re: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 01:37:18AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> If I understand it correctly, ldd only correctly resolves libraries
> linked with glibc, and yaird includes a more generic tool - documented
> here: http://www.xs4all.nl/~ekonijn/yaird/yaird.html#shlibs

Err, yaird uses ldd and suffers from the problem that the output may not
even match the files available. And, the ldd output is meaned to be
human readable.

> Would it perhaps make sense to provide the yaird "findlibs" binary in a
> separate package for initramfs-tools to also use?

No. It makes sense to reduce the numbers of library lookup methods. And
mklibs is the standard way in debian for the larger projects for library
set resolution and reduction.

Bastian

--
There is an order of things in this universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1