Re: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 08:28:47PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> waldi: Why is mklibs-copy needed?

To find the needed libs without using ldd and sed, which provides the
view of the dynlinker of the loaded libs, which often not correspondends
to the files.

> Is it because of the same bug that caused failures on ppc and AMD64 for
> the gtk frontend? If so, could the regular mklibs be used now that that
> has been solved in binutils?

No, you really don't want to pull in binutils with the base system.

Bastian

--
There are always alternatives.
		-- Spock, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3