Re: Team-maintaining yaird independently from the kernel (Was: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer)

hello jonas,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 01:44:48PM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> The below was sent to the kernel team and others. Please read and
> comment on debian-kernel@lists.debian.org mailinglist.
>
> It seems both yaird and initramfs-tools share similar confusion:

hehe ;)

<snipp>
> so I will create a separate project for yaird, and next release of
> yaird for Debian shall be separately team-maintained. All members of
> the kernel team are off course welcome in this separate team (as are
> anyone else!). The goal is minimizing noise, not avoiding teamwork.

please post the link to your svn/bzr/whatever archive?
i would be happy to follow the dev as observer. :)

> I suggest considering the same for initramfs-tools, as I noticed that
> also there you needed to cc a bunch of other people than those targeted
> by the logic of "Who is maintaining these tools? Ah, the kernel team
> maintains it all".

indeed.

initrd-tools are good at the current place as random helpfull patches
get still applied and help the 2.4 guys.

regards

--
maks