Re: Re: Re: I can't build Modules.debs with linuxheaders 2.6.12-1-k7

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 02:23:41PM +0100, Sébastien Platel wrote:
> I'm trying to compile nvidia kernel driver by getting source from debian
> repository, decompressing it using "tar -zxvf XXX" and then using
>
> cd /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.12-1686
> make-kpkg modules_image
>
> since then I found another way to compile this module following this
> document http://www.coagul.org/article.php3?id_article=346 (as you can't
> read french I can describe it quickly saying that after a few
> environnement variables setup and cd into the module source the line
> "debian/rules binary_modules" compiles the debian package

I think that it is fair to say that the problem is not that the
modules don't compile, but that its not entirely obvious how
to make them compile.

The kernel-team is currently working on making this situation
better, however as you might note if you scan debian-kernel,
we are far from consensus on the issue.

--
Horms