Re: kernel-package (10.005) heading to experimental

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 02:08:36PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:39:11 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 01:18:32PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >> If there is a bug in the way kernel-package behaves, please file a
> >> bug. The behaviour of kernel-package towards the build symlink has
> >> not changed in years -- until now, when more care is taken to
> >> ensure /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build is valid in all possible use
> >> cases.
>
> > Yeah, we would have more time to test if we had not to fight for
> > every trivial issue with you just to be insulted in the end.
>
>         I have been sending uploads to experimental since the 25th of
>  october.  So there has been no time to test anything since then?

Well, Simon Horman did test an earlier version, and i did test 10.004, but
seriously, i have very little motivation to do more testings if i am returned
with insults.

>  Also, the behaviour of kernel-package has not changed, not for years,
>  and I have been talking about my plans and intentions on this list

Yeah, i remember you telling me around december 2003 about the big reorg, but
you where not accepting changes because of the imminent sarge release :)

>  for at least a couple of months now. There was no time to comment for
>  months?

Well, have i not contributed comments back then ?

> > I did test the build, did i not, and provided you the failure
> > message on irc.
>
>         Right. And I think the last couple of uploads should have that
>  bug fixed. See, when you tell me about bugs, they get fixed.

Yeah, a full build is around 8 hours or so though, and i have X packages and
mesa also building on that box, so ...