Re: kernel-package (10.005) heading to experimental

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 18:51:09 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:

> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 10:47:12AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think this fixes all issues that had been reported to me. 10.006
>> should head out to Sid tonight, or tomorrow.

> Which will probably break the kernel builds, no thanks.

> Please refrain from uploading to unstable until at least there is a
> decision taken on the build symlink issue.

        If there is a bug in the way kernel-package behaves, please
 file a bug. The behaviour of kernel-package towards the build symlink
 has not changed in years -- until now, when more care is taken to
 ensure /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build is valid in all possible use
 cases.

        If there are bugs in the way kernel-package generates kernel
 packages from source, or in the way these generated packages
 interact, when using the packages  as generated, I'll take not
 uploading to Sid under advicement.

        So, please test the kernel-package, and file bug reports.

        manoj
--
As long as we're going to reinvent the wheel again, we might as well
try making it round this time.- Mike Dennison