Re: [parisc-linux] Re: Debian's 2.6.14-rc5 fails to build on hppa

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 12:19:16AM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 02:39:24PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > Actually, I just poked around in there, as it seemed like
> > everyone else was busy doing other things.
>
> "in there"? Where?

In svn.debian.org, where the Debian kernels live.
More specifically, kernel/dists/trunk/linux-2.6

> > I'm happy for tips on how to choose pacehes, I'm really not that
> > familiar
> > with the pa development model.
>
> -pa0 is the fresh, untested result of a merge with kernel.org.
>
> -pa1 means it's lightly tested and works on at least one or two
> different
> flavors of parisc machine. I typically target 64-bit SMP and 32-bit UP
> on "recent" (5 year old) HW.
>
> The last -pa# of a series is usually a good bet - but not always.
>

> parisc-linux.org autobuilder was able to build 2.6.14-rc5-pa0 using
> our own .config files:
>       http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/
>
> Did you pull from our CVS or grab the -pa0 patch from the page above?

I did indeed get the patch from the above URL, I believe it was 2.6.14-rc2-pa6

> At random times, our CVS will NOT build for some .config as
> change sets are checked in or we accidentally break stuff.
> Normally that shows up in the autobuilder log files though.

Sure, understood. I should have taken a bit more notice of the
red flags next to the patch. Though to be clear, this patch
changed the tree from not building, to not building in a different
way.

In any case, its all fixed now, thanks to Matt.

--
Horms