Re: [parisc-linux] Re: Debian's 2.6.14-rc5 fails to build on hppa

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 02:39:24PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> Actually, I just poked around in there, as it seemed like
> everyone else was busy doing other things.

"in there"? Where?

> I'm happy for tips on how to choose pacehes, I'm really not that familiar
> with the pa development model.

-pa0 is the fresh, untested result of a merge with kernel.org.

-pa1 means it's lightly tested and works on at least one or two different
flavors of parisc machine. I typically target 64-bit SMP and 32-bit UP
on "recent" (5 year old) HW.

The last -pa# of a series is usually a good bet - but not always.

parisc-linux.org autobuilder was able to build 2.6.14-rc5-pa0 using
our own .config files:
	http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/

Did you pull from our CVS or grab the -pa0 patch from the page above?

At random times, our CVS will NOT build for some .config as
change sets are checked in or we accidentally break stuff.
Normally that shows up in the autobuilder log files though.

thanks,
grant