Re: 2.6.13+2.6.14-rc4-0experimental.1

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 08:50:34PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 04:31:01PM +0200, Norbert Tretkowski wrote:
> > * Horms wrote:
> > > I've put the packages in
> > > http://packages.vergenet.net/testing/linux-2.6-2.6.13+2.6.14-rc4/
> > > incase they dissapear from other sources.
> >
> > The ABI revision in the version number is missing in those packages.
>
> Norbert,
>
> Can i ask you to file a bug report about the problems you encoutered this way,
> i am asking Bastian to fix this, but it is not really sure what exactly is
> involved here.

Here is my understanding of the problem. I tried to resolve it
but Bastian wasn't happy with my fix for some undiclosed reason.

Basically, the scripts that examine the version and work out what to do
look for any -foo immeditaely before the debian number
(-0experimental.1) and treat that as the ABI number. Well, thats what
they used to do.  I made a change that removed this feature and instead
treated -foo (in this case -rc4) as part of the upstream version.
Bastian backed this out and made some other changes, but I guess it
needs some more work.

--
Horms