Re: How to build .deb from Debian's linux-tree-2.6.12

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:10:50PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 05:26:37PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 02:58:28PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> > > Is that an issue with current sid, or am I doing something wrong?
> > > Currently, I am inclined to say that linux-tree-2.6.12 is missing a
> > > Build Dependency on ncurses, and that it suffers from other kinds of
> > > breakage as well. But I might be mistaken. Can somebody help?
> >
> > linux-tree-2.6.12 is a binary package, and thus its build-dependencies are on
> > linux-2.6 source, which should do the right thing, not sure though.
> >
> > Not sure what you really want to do, but in any case, linux-tree-2.6.12 is
> > probably a thing of the paste, you want either the linux-2.6 source package
> > or the linux-source-2.6.12 binary package.
>
> I tried the same after apt-get source linux-2.6 and installing all
> build dependencies (dpkg-checkbuilddeps doesn't complain), and the
> same thing happens. The package tries to make menuconfig, and that
> fails with "interrupted(11)".

Well, after thinking about this, it is only normal, since the build process
obviously uses oldconfig, since it is non-interactive.

In any case, there is no way that what you try to do is something where
build-dependencies are involved, but there could be a depend or
recomend/suggest on the linux-source-2.6.12 package maybe ?