Re: drafting a DSA for 2.6.8

dann frazier wrote:

> I'm up for helping, but might not have much time till next week.  I'm
> travelling to the east coast for work, but should have net there.  I see
> dilinger was setting you up w/ commit access - do you wanna use a file
> there to coordinate?

I've got a file in people/micah/pending_CVE_requests where I've put all
these and will be crafting the descriptions and the URIs, feel free to
add to it.

>>Need description and URI for CVE
>

> I looked into this one.  This actually isn't a security patch, but this
> bug fix is a pre-req for the fix to CAN-2005-1761.

Noted

>>According to the 2.6.8-16sarge1 changelog:
>>  Excluded from security-only release
>>  * net-bridge-mangle-oops-1.dpatch, net-bridge-mangle-oops-2.dpatch
>>    Fix oops when mangling and brouting and tcpdumping packets
>>    Needed for net-bridge-forwarding-poison-1.dpatch
>>This meant to me that this is not a security patch and I was not
>>tracking this, has this changed?
>

> These patches are still listed in the 2.6.8-16sarge1 series file.

I realize now that these are pre-requsites for the mangle-oops patch, so
I've noted that.

>>Others that we need CVEs for:
>>dannf: CONFIG_PREEMPT on ia64
>

> Let me know how you want me to proceed with this one; should I file a
> bug so that we have a reference?

I just need confirmation on the text that I sent you for this, and a
reference URI (git patch URL maybe, or any mailing list discussion