Re: standardizing on a language

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 07:53:18AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 06:52:23AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > I don't know anything about ruby.
> Well, others are going to have to learn as well.  As I said, I don't care
> which is chosen, but I'd like to get others input as well.

One of my problem with this language is, that most of the code I ever
read described it as another WORN language like perl and I'm completely
incompatible with such languages.

> > >                 (ages ago, I wrote half a Kconfig parser in racc;
> > I have a fullblown parser which is derived from the original yacc and
> > flex files written in python.
> Is it functional?  I remember seeing you working on it on IRC, but were
> having problems; does this mean you finished it?

The parser works fine. The parse-tree needs some postprocessing.

> [1] why must all nntp readers (and mail clients) suck?

I have no problem with mutt and slrn.

Bastian

--
Prepare for tomorrow -- get ready.
		-- Edith Keeler, "The City On the Edge of Forever",