Keyboard Problem

Hi folks!

I have a keyboard with integrated card reading device for german medical card.
This keyboard can be switched to a special mode so that the card is read from
the keyboard and send to the computer as if it was typed in on the keyboard.
This ran without problem with kernel 2.4.x.

Now I changed to kernel 2.6.10 (self-compiled) but I tested it as well on
kernel 2.6.11 and 2.6.8. Nothing comes out of the card reading device with
kernel 2.6.x. Someone suggested some sort of kernel option.

A friend of mine has the same problem with a bar code reader which was
interlaced to a keyboard. It worked with kernel 2.4.x but not with kernel
2.6.x.

Any hints?

Regards

Claudia