Re: In preparation for 2.6.13 - initrd issues

In linux.debian.kernel Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:

>The major issue for d-i with 2.6.13 is the dropped devfs support. However,
>there already is support for udev in d-i; what's currently missing is a
>udeb for hotplug. What we have was backported by Colin Watson from
Actually we have had one in unstable since one month. When the kernel
team will manage to let a modern kernel arrive in testing, it will follow.

>This needs to be resolved before 2.6.13 can enter unstable and we can
Solved (let me know if it needs some tweaks). BTW, d-i should really
stop shipping its own /lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S02udev script,
because it's hard to keep it in sync with the actual udev package.

>- We do however assume we can keep on using the oldfashioned initrd
>  support for booting d-i, so it would be nice if you were not too quick
I would not assume this for too long...

--
ciao,
Marco