Re: how to detect a debian kernel from `uname -r`

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 05:57:12PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 05:33:29PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Sure, i am not stupid, i perfectly noticed that, now my question is why do you
> > want to know that ?
>
> That's for the klive project, I added two links in the first email just
> check it again.

Oh well, ...

I don't know what the other debian kernel maintainers are thinking, but i have
serious doubts that you would be able to detect any of the distribution
kernels this way, your best bet is to match the flavour list of the debian
kernels against existing kernels.