Re: modules

On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 11:28:51PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, my idea is to try to host all those module package in the kernel
> subversion tree (under modules), in such a way that we can trigger automated
> or semi-automated uploads of them in case of kernel abi changes.

This means that each module maintainer needs access the the repository.

> We first need a way to build those modules for all arches/subarches/flavours
> though, which is where my flavours file in the linux-headers package and your
> linux-headers-all package come into play.

Most of the code already exists in linux-nonfree-2.6.

>                 and people would maybe not want to have them all installed

I never spoke about the organization of the binary packages.

>           Already folk are complaining about the huge size of the linux-image
> package and all the included modules.

And others complains about the size of the Packages files.

Bastian

--
He's dead, Jim.
		-- McCoy, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1