Re: SVN layout

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 04:56:14PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Horms <horms@debian.org> writes:

> >> Only if you do regular cleanups of not longer used trees. Otherwise you
> >> remain with
> >>
> >> sid/bla
> >> experimental/bla
>
> And why not use trunk for development and then a branch for sid? This
> is more or less how XSF  works nowadays.

Yeah, whatever, the layout of directories is more or less random, and has to
suite our needs best. If you hide away the stuff most people work on in deep
subdirs, then it is not developer friendly.

Also, there is a difference between our case and others, what we need direct
access too is the stuff we work on, and the released packages are more needed
to be able to fix them easily than they are in the case of XFS or other such
projects.