Re: Problems in building homebrew kernels

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:08:26 +0200
Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:49:38AM +0200, Stefan Berder wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > <disclaimer>This is not just a make-kpkg problem.</disclaimer>
> >
> > I'm getting some problems in building 2.4.29 kernel woody packages
> > for
>                                                       ^^^^^
>
> Arg, there is probably not much we can do, why do you need new woody
> kernels ? sarge is out now, and you could/should go that way.

I know, and I have a plan to migrate from woody to sarge but when you
have a 350 servers' parc, it's not that easy to do ::)

> That said ...
>
> > different architectures in the same time. I built a debian/rules
> > file that looks quite like the one I found in
> > kernel-image-2.4.27-i386-2.4.27 for woody, but I can't manage in
> > getting the kernel-image-xxx files,  only the kernel-headers are
> > generated. When I simply do a make-kpkg kernel-image, the changelog
> > is not included and thus does not pass my publication daemon of
> > packages because of a lintian error.
>
> I would go from the sarge 2.4.27 packages, both
> kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 and kernel-source-2.4.27, upgrade them to
> 2.4.29 or even 2.4.30, and build them in a woody environment,
> including a backport kernel-package from woody.
>
> No idea what you are trying to do, but it doesn't seem to be the right
> thing :)

I was trying to start from a vanilla kernel source, but could try this
as well.

Thanks for that, even if it does not solve my problem ::)

Stefan
--
 #=- Stefan Berder                  tel : 6 14 80        -=#
 #=- Ingénieur système et réseau          01 53 95 14 80 -=#