Re: Problems in building homebrew kernels

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 09:49:38AM +0200, Stefan Berder wrote:
> Hi all,
> <disclaimer>This is not just a make-kpkg problem.</disclaimer>
>
> I'm getting some problems in building 2.4.29 kernel woody packages for
                                                      ^^^^^

Arg, there is probably not much we can do, why do you need new woody kernels ?
sarge is out now, and you could/should go that way.

That said ...

> different architectures in the same time. I built a debian/rules file
> that looks quite like the one I found in kernel-image-2.4.27-i386-2.4.27
> for woody, but I can't manage in getting the kernel-image-xxx files,
> only the kernel-headers are generated. When I simply do a make-kpkg
> kernel-image, the changelog is not included and thus does not pass my
> publication daemon of packages because of a lintian error.

I would go from the sarge 2.4.27 packages, both kernel-image-2.4.27-i386 and
kernel-source-2.4.27, upgrade them to 2.4.29 or even 2.4.30, and build them in
a woody environment, including a backport kernel-package from woody.

No idea what you are trying to do, but it doesn't seem to be the right thing
:)