Re: linux-2.6 - patches

Hi Bastian,

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005, Bastian Blank wrote:

Hi folks

I intend to make some patches to make our lives easier:
- Always specify correct -m32/-m64.
 Effected arches:
 - i386
 - ppc, ppc64 (uses weird check for biarch compiler)
 - sparc64
 - x86_64

Is there any practical reason to do that? As I understand, currently kernel-package takes care of that, so I'd rather see the compiler checks moved there.

- Always build asm-offsets.s in the prepare target.
 Effected arches:
 - arm
 - sparc64

There is currently no prepare target in debian/rules. Can you give some more details? Anything that will make the situation with asm-offsets.s is, of course, welcome.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org