Sarge kernels and Volatile

Hi,

I am wondering if others thing that volatile is a good
place for us to make uploads of updated 2.6.8 and 2.4.27 kerels for
Sarge? This would allow us to remove these kernels from unstable/testing
and still provide maintenence releases for users.

On a related note, I am sifting thought the bugs, and
I am hoping to make a release of kernel-source, kernel-image-i386
and kernel-patch-powerpc in the next few weeks. These will
basically contain security, driver and other low-hanging bugs.
What I have so far is in SVN. I will make snapshots available
on http://debian.vergenet.net/testing/ as they become available.

I guess these could be used in lieu of or as the basis of
a security update. But I have no idea if the security team
is interested in updating the kernel or not.

--
Horms