Re: linux-2.6_2.6.12-1_i386.changes is NEW

> - readdition of tg3 driver, as firmware license has been fixed
It's distributable, but only in non-free.  No source code for the firmware
program.  Sorry.  :-P   Ask debian-legal if you have further questions about
that.

If anyone's interested, I've got a patched version of the tg3 in Debian's
linux-source-2.6.12 package which does firmware loading (it builds), *and* a
package ready for non-free containing the firmware.  (Well, it's ready except
that it would need some sort of Depends: appropriate-kernel-version....)
Since I don't actually have a tigon 3, I need someone else to test it for me,
of course.  Files at http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/debian/ .

If you're not interested in that, I suppose I could arrange for the driver to
build out-of-tree.  I would *like* to get the firmware loading upstream, but
they have some... interesting requirements before they'll accept it, so we'll
see when that happens.  :-P