Re: 2.6.12 upload

Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de> writes:

> Andres Salomon wrote:
> [snip]
>> >   It is IMHO not realistic to expect the rest of the world to wait for
>> >   some obscure subarchitecture.
>>
>> Who said we're going to wait for some obscure subarchitecture?  We're
>> going to keep working on kernels until we freeze for etch, at which point
>> the subarchitectures have a limit amount of time to catch up.
>
> The problem is the ongoing development in unstable. It is e.g. not
> possible to build debian-installer for that subarch and upload it
> if its kernel isn't already/still in unstable.
>

> Thiemo

Actualy there are 2 problems:

1. Slow archs will keep the kernel-source from migrating to
testing. That is if those archs are still testing blockers.

I think this can seriously harm the amount of testing the kernel gets.

2. Each kernel-image-di-<arch> source needs the right kernel-image
version and source for its architecture to be present in the archive
to be GPL compliant.

This is only a problem for the archive software to keep track
of. Someone has to write code for this.

The D-I build should be using only the linux-kernel-di udebs if I'm
not mistaken. As long as they are available D-I should keep building.

Or did I miss something and the linux-kernel-di packages will
disapear into the main kernel-source package?

MfG
        Goswin