Re: renaming linux-kernel source package

Goswin von Brederlow writes...

> Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I really like the proposal other than that, but is there a way to keep a
> > limited set of older stuff around longer? Sort of analogous to the "oldlibs
> "
> > idea.  Maybe the package can split off older versions of itself, with more
> > descriptive names, as it moves forward. Or something like that...
>
> snapshot.d.n?

You didn't read the part of my message where I said that snapshot.d.n
wasn't acceptable. Of course this is just my opinion.

Maybe if snapshot was an official debian.org service and publicly
mirrored it might be ok?

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@debian.org