kernel-source-2.4.{24,25,26} in etch?

(note, I'm not subscribed)

Hi,

kernel-source-2.4.{24,25,26} just made it into Etch -- I'm sure that was
not really intentional, and those can rather be removed from unstable?
If so, please do file a bug (one listing all three would do) on
ftp.debian.org.

Second point -- would there be any easy way you can think of some
non-ftpmaster involving way to prevent this from happening in the
future? Like, making the kernel-source-2.4 and kernel-source-2.6
package, building kernel-source-2.{4,6}.X binary package? I do think you
only need one major kernel line version simultaneously, right?

If that's not possible, for whatever reason I'm sure you're much more
familiar with than I am, of course then it's not possible, and instead
removal requests can best be filed every time a transition to a new
minor kernel version is completed.

Thanks a lot,
--Jeroen

--