Re: Kernel Security Updates for Sarge

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 11:07:45AM +0200, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> [snip]
> > > mips/mipsel has four additional changes which should go in sarge:
> > > - Fix broken ptrace
> > > - Fix Cobalt PCI bridge initialisation
> > > - Work around crashes on Cobalt under I/O load
> > > - Fix crash on startup on serial-less Cobalts

> > All of which seem to be out of scope in a discussion about security uploads,
> > don't they?

> It would make little sense to do separate uploads for them.

It is nevertheless necessary, according to the security team's historical
policy on security uploads.  You can upload whatever you want to
testing-proposed-updates, *right now*, but it doesn't do our users any good
until r1 unless we also get something uploaded to testing-security that will
be accepted and actually made available for download.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer