Re: Kernel install

Hi,

just a guess, but I had troubles with higher resolutions on the console
with Kernel 2.6.x. You could try to set vga = normal in your lilo.conf.
Maybe that works.

If you have a SATA HD there is another problem: Kernel 2.4 uses hdx for
the HD because there is some kind of emulation of SATA. In 2.6 the HDs
are addressed with sdx. How you can get through this is described here:

http://www.debianforum.de/wiki/?page=Kernel+2.6

Best regards,

David

--