Re: Dark screen when booting debian-kernel 2.6.11

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 23:25 +0200, Hubert wrote:
> I called make oldconfig with my current .config-File.
 Did it work with older kernels then, or do you get that
.config from the Knoppix shipped ones?

> After getting over the problem with qal2xxx, I got my
> new kernel-image compiled and installed, but if I boot,
> the screen blacks out.
Do you have CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE set to y? Also, maybe
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE is set as well?

> I tried "make oldconfig" several times, and at the end I didn't accept any of
> the new configuration items, but all I see after I choose
> the new kernel at bootup are the three lines of lilo output and then
> my screen gets dark. And stays dark.
 But is the system boot up? Do you see any hdd activities after the
blanking happened? Can you ping it from an other host?

> Which additional information should I provide?
 The above may help thickening down your problem.

Regards,
Laszlo/GCS