Re: 2.6.11 kernel-source in preparation, config file changes.

On Fri, Mar 11, 2005 at 10:33:16AM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 07:13:01PM -0600, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> >            what needs to get done yet so I can have something like
> > "ppc64-libs", and a gcc that can compile a 64 bit kernel?
>
> I tried to do that but failed in the first try. Now I have to find more
> time to retry it correctly. Maybe next week.

Notice that we already have a biarch compiler on :

  http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/~luther/biarch/

It was compiled by doko using the suse glibc headers.

Not perfect, but well.

ppc64 bit kernels need a 64bit psutils though, or you will see the risk of
having process ids overflow the 32bit field used in 32bit userland.

A ppc64 kernel build with the above biarch kernel and a statically built
psutils-64 should do the trick though, not sure.