Re: please remove old kernel-source packages
- To: email@example.com, Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Josh Kwan <email@example.com>, Andres Salomon <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Sven Luther <email@example.com>, Dan Frazier <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Frederik Schueler <email@example.com>, Kyle McMartin <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jens Schmalzing <email@example.com>, Simon Richter <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: please remove old kernel-source packages
- From: Sven Luther <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:13:27 +0100
- Message-id: <20050225081327.GA16137@pegasos>
- In-reply-to: <20050225080651.GD7989@mail.lowpingbastards.de>
- References: <E1D2ElA-00045x-00@darjeeling> <20050225031723.GA22093@verge.net.au> <20050225080651.GD7989@mail.lowpingbastards.de>
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 09:06:51AM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 12:17:23PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > I would also like to have kernel-image-sparc-2.2, and
> > kernel-source-2.6.9 and its associated image and patch packages
> > removed. 2.6.9 is dead and 2.6.10 has replaced it.
> Most kernel-image-2.6.10 packages (ppc, s390, hppa, alpha, amd64) are
> stuck in NEW since the beginning of the year, I personally would not
> call this a replacement.
Well, you have to consider that the same guy going to remove the 2.6.9 kernels
also has the power to do the NEW processing for the missing kernels.