Re: <rant> Vendors and kernel driver source that will not compile with Debian </rant>

Christoph Hellwig wrote:

Because the higher-level implementation is faster

OK, I finally figured out how to configure SW RAID via the Sarge install CD. The UI of the installer for this area REALLY needs some docs. SW RAID is not mentioned at all in draft of the Sarge install docs.

Anyway, with a pair of 160GB EIDE UDMA100 drives, they have been syncing the mirror for *36 HOURS* now. Ah, what exactly was "faster" about SW RAID? The MegaRAID card / BIOS prep'ed the mirror in under 10 seconds.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems