Two gcc on the same machine - how to use one when needed?

I had problem compiling 2.4.18 vanilla kernel. I am
currently using gcc-3.3. I was wondering is there a
way to have two compilers on the same machine (I
suppose apt-get gcc-2.95 would do the job), and then
switch between them elegantly when needed. Gentoo has
a cute tool called gcc-config. Is there something like
this in Debian?
How to switch between compilers?

Thanks,
I really need this 2.4.28 kernel with LinSec patch
compiled, for the project I'm working on

Drasko