Re: Status of Kernel 2.4.28 packages?

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 09:18:33PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 08:16:44PM +0000, Tim Cutts wrote:
> > 2.6 is still too new as far as most ISVs are concerned, and so Debian
> > shouldn't lower the priority of work on 2.4 kernels too much just yet,
> > in my opinion.
>
> Debian isn't lowering priority on Linux 2.4 work but individual people
> are.

I am one of the people who do work on 2.4 for debian,
I won't raise the hands of others.

Personally my focus is 2.4.27, because that is what will go
into sarge and right now I don't have the time to do
2.4.27 and 2.4.28. And to be honest I think that any
surplus time would be best spent working on 2.6 as that
is a mountain of work.

If someone wants to work on getting 2.4.28 up to scratch that would be
great. But it won't go into testing before sarge is released.

Also if anyone has backports from 2.4.28 I would be happy to consider
them for 2.4.27.

--
Horms