Debian stock 2.6 kernel for amd k6

howdy all,

I've used debian stable for most of my computers and have always used
the kernel-image-2.4.18-1-k6 package for all my k6 machines  I've
started to switch to testing/sarge and notice there was not a specific
k6 build for the 2.6 kernel.  Is the i386 kernel the correct one to use?
Is there a reason as to why there is not a specific k6 kernel in testing
as it is in testing?  I'm assuming that there are performance
advantages to using a kernel compiled with k6 instructions as opposed
to the i386.

Thanks for your help.

I tried to find my answers in google as I thought someone would have
asked this question but didn't find anything.

--
Anthony