Re: kernel-package Help

Hi,

Horms writes:

> > A separate source package raises synchronization issues.  So those
> > meta packages should just be removed from older kernel-image source
> > packages.
>
> Could you elaborate on what synchronisation issues you forsee?

The two scenarios that spring to my mind immediately are:

The processing delay of an updated real package in the new queue leads
to the corresponding meta package being uninstallable.  This can be
minimised with careful fine-tuning of the upload of the meta package,
but cannot be avoided at all.

Forgetting to update the meta package leads to the user being stuck
with an old revision of the real package.  This can be avoided, but
will happen according to Murphy's Law.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!