Re: 2.6.8 work

On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 11:17:35AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> I've begun sorting through 2.6.8-rc3 packaging stuff; it's currently in my
> arch repository
> <http://sloth.voxel.net/%7edilinger/archzoom.cgi/dilinger@voxel.net--2004/kernel-source--debian--2.6>.
> Now that Jens has uploaded 2.6.7-4 (so presumably that'll be the last of
> the 2.6.7 changes), I'll create a kernel-source-2.6.8 directory and commit
> my stuff sometime over the weekend.

I don't understand what the problem is. Nothing is stopping us from having
2.6.7 nd 2.6.8 in parallel in th archive. You should start maybe by making an
svn cp of the 2.6.7 stuff, and then modifying this new branch.

> So far, the following patches are dropped due to merging (or they were
> backports to begin with).  There are still some remaining patches that are
> partially applied that I need to go through and either rediff or drop.
>
>     . acpi-typo
>     . chown-gid-check
>     . chown-procfs
>     . drivers-atkbd-quiten
>     . drivers-dpt_i2o-fixup
>     . drivers-isdn-io_funcs-fixup
>     . drivers-net-irda-dma_api
>     . drivers-net-via_rhine-avoid_bitfield
>     . drivers-sb-pnp_unregister
>     . drivers-scsi-advansys-dma_api
>     . drivers-scsi-sd-NO_SENSE
>     . envp
>     . fs-isofs-acorn
>     . fs-isofs-dont-check-period
>     . fs-jfs-compile
>     . include-linux-mca.h-fixups
>     . netfilter-signedcharbug
>     . netlink-macro-fixups
>     . powerpc-g4-errata
>     . xfs-update

Cool. Benh told me that powerpc-pegasos was not yet applied, but i have hope
that it will still happen before the 2.6.8 release.